The area of Biotechnological Services is in charge of providing services derived from biotechnological development for the benefit of the agricultural sector.
The services provided by the Directorate of Genetic Resources and Biotechnology (DRGB) through the Sub-Direction of Biotechnology and the Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Genomics, are described in Resolution of the Chief No. 0045-2015-INIA; published on February 23, 2015.
The functions of the Area of Biotechnological Services are the following:
- Validation of methodologies derived from biotechnological development to provide services in accordance with the requirements of the agricultural sector.
- Provide reliable and quality results.
- Contribute to scientific research and breeding programs to address climate change and improve food security in the country.
- Proof of filiation (paternity and / or maternity) in cattle.
- Proof of genetic identification (genotyping) in cattle.
- Proof of filiation (paternity and / or maternity) in camelids (alpaca, llama and vicuña).
- Proof of genetic identification (genotyping) in camelids (alpaca, llama and vicuña).
- Molecular diagnosis of freemartin in cattle.
- Dairy protein genotyping: Kappa casein and Beta lactoglobulin.
- Genotyping of cassava.
- Genotyping of native potatoes.
- Genotyping of quinoa.